- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Mission: Our purpose is to "help people become better than they ever thought possible."
In doing so, our mission is to transform hard-to-buy products into experiences that are surprisingly easy and exciting for our ...
Come meet our super hero team on one of our monthly office tours! Learn about our culture + dive into the http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQBlU office life, RSVP here for our May 9th event: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQBls
Woof! Who let the dogs out at the Blinds.complex? These cool four-legged bundles of joy roamed around spreading happiness and cheer to our team.
We're not happy with the status quo. As industry leaders, we believe we can always better ourselves, in and out of the office. This mean we look for just as many ways to serve our customers as we do to serve our community.
We like to think of ourselves as mad scientists. For every failed experiment, you learn one lesson that will help you out in the future. At Blinds.com, failure is just another step towards success.
Our people are more than names on a payroll, they're creative and unique humans with a lifetime full of experiences to guide us to success. From hair color to business ideas, creative thinking and unique viewpoints are a job requirement!
Working here means you're a part of the family. Have fun with the twists, turns, camaraderie and milestones. We'll be right there with you, enjoying the ride together. Now let's go eat some cake!!
I worked at Global Custom Commerce full-time (Less than a year)
- In depth, one on one mentorship. I was able to talk about any problem that I had - technical, emotional, personal - while feeling not judged and completely safe.
- The entire company is a community. I don't think I ever spoke to someone that didn't like coming to work in the morning. Even when things were really tough, a sort of camraderie permeated throughout the entire organization. It's the sort of feeling you get when you're on a team and no matter how far down you fall, you know that someone on it has your back.
- The benefits and pay are the best I've ever seen. I've had a short career, but I feel like everyone had their fair shot at doing well. Our Sales teams could make as much as our technical development teams. If anyone fell on hard times, everyone pitched in to help one another.
- The culture. No amount of money can buy that sort of commitment. You need leadership that people feel they can depend on. You need people that want to earnestly help one another. That sort of thing is built, not bought.
- Huge advancement in technical talent. I was decent when I joined the company - I feel like they turned me into a rock star. A lot of people get this impression that you cannot work for a good company outside of what people consider canonical tech hubs. This company proved to me that they cannot have been more wrong.
Your greatest enemy working here will be yourself.
When things get difficult, you will truly have to ask yourself if things aren't going the way you planned because of the company, or because you yourself are resisting your own growth.
Advice to Management
It is difficult to see the weeds when all you have is the sky. I think that by in large, management should continue doing the remarkable job they are doing.
However, it is very hard for someone in the thick of things to see how much the people up above care when all they can see are the problems immediately in front of them.
Perhaps that means help break down the problems more, or perhaps that means more open lines of communication. I'm not sure. But I'm sure you'll figure it out.
The online test is job clickbait - the user is forced to spend 30 minutes of their time to "create a profile", and when you want to see your results, you need to upload resume, fill out skills, basically create a searchable record for BlindData's clients to peruse. Great way to find candidates, very unfriendly experience for the interviewee
Social Responsibility Pledge
Formal programs or foundation to give back to communities
Has programs that support a diverse and inclusive workforce
Career Advancement Program
Helping employees "upskill" into higher-paying positions