Mission: To transform aid and philanthropy to accelerate community-led change.
I worked at GlobalGiving full-time (More than 5 years)
GlobalGiving was a fantastic place to work! Here are just a few reasons why:
- It is made up of talented people that are passionate about achieving the organization's mission to help community-based organizations increase their impact.
- Staff at all levels are challenged to question the status quo, think big, and experiment with new ideas.
- The organization is constantly evaluating ways to be better, work smarter, and achieve more.
- It's a great learning environment with opportunity for professional development.
- The office is colorful and casual and has an open floor plan, which makes conversation and collaboration easy and organic.
- There are lots of opportunities to work with and engage directly with leadership.
- Leadership regularly assesses the satisfaction, needs, and wants of staff and makes corresponding adjustments to benefits, working conditions, and strategic direction.
- As a non-profit organization filled with passionate go-getters, team members can be stretched thin and expected to play multiple roles.
- Leadership does not always model great work/life balance, consequently staff members feel that they need to always say "yes" to new opportunities, even when their plates are full.
- Because GlobalGiving feels like a family, there's a tendency to keep team members that may not be a good fit. As a result, others may have to pick up the slack.
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlobalGiving.
Quick interview request from the department you applied for. Basic straightforward questions. You can tell the passion these people have for their work. You need to show enthusiasm in your responses, even if you're pointing out a weakness. They love knowing people are willing to take risks and learn from their mistakes.
Veteran Hiring Commitment
Committed to helping America's military veterans find work
Pay Equality Pledge
Committed to paying equitably for equal work & experience
Tech Hiring Commitment
Helping to train, hire and promote more technology workers
Career Advancement Program
Helping employees "upskill" into higher-paying positions
Social Responsibility Pledge
Formal programs or foundation to give back to communities
Has programs that support a diverse and inclusive workforce
Pledge to Thrive
Taking steps to prioritize employee well-being
First Job Programs
Maintain entry-level hiring and career development programs to give people career starts