Mission: To transform aid and philanthropy to accelerate community-led change.
I worked at GlobalGiving full-time (More than 5 years)
GlobalGiving was a fantastic place to work! Here are just a few reasons why:
- It is made up of talented people that are passionate about achieving the organization's mission to help community-based organizations increase their impact.
- Staff at all levels are challenged to question the status quo, think big, and experiment with new ideas.
- The organization is constantly evaluating ways to be better, work smarter, and achieve more.
- It's a great learning environment with opportunity for professional development.
- The office is colorful and casual and has an open floor plan, which makes conversation and collaboration easy and organic.
- There are lots of opportunities to work with and engage directly with leadership.
- Leadership regularly assesses the satisfaction, needs, and wants of staff and makes corresponding adjustments to benefits, working conditions, and strategic direction.
- As a non-profit organization filled with passionate go-getters, team members can be stretched thin and expected to play multiple roles.
- Leadership does not always model great work/life balance, consequently staff members feel that they need to always say "yes" to new opportunities, even when their plates are full.
- Because GlobalGiving feels like a family, there's a tendency to keep team members that may not be a good fit. As a result, others may have to pick up the slack.
I applied online. I interviewed at GlobalGiving.
Very quick interview scheduling after I completed my interview. The first step is a 15 minute phone interview with someone in the department you are applying to. There are multiple steps to the interview process if you get trough.