I have been working at Green Hills Software full-time (More than 5 years)
- Challenging work on a large variety of projects.
- Code base is relatively high quality and well tested. Code reviews are required.
- Very stable company. GHS is profitable and has been around for a long time.
- Management is all programmers. They tend to have a good grasp on how long a project will take and how many resources it will require.
- Willing to spend lots of money on hardware to improve developer productivity.
- Good work/life balance. Flexible schedule. Overtime is not expected.
- Yearly raises are generous.
- Management is all programmers. Some lack basic people management skills.
- Stock options are essentially worthless.
- Many employees are extreme introverts which makes for awkward socializing.
Advice to Management
Give regular updates on how the company is doing as a whole, and what direction it is headed.
I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Green Hills Software (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.
I got in touch with a recruiter at an event on campus.
First was a behavioral interview at the career center.
Next, I received a 25 question test with questions on debugging and problem solving, and finding the output of certain code. I also had to submit a sample of code that I have written.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –