I have been working at Greenleaf Hospitality Group full-time (More than a year)
- Decent pay (they recently increased minimum pay to$10 an hour)
- Full benefits
- Flexible Schedules
- Great atmosphere
- Free lunch (Hot food up to 5 days a week. Sometimes the hotel is too busy and the kitchen doesn't have time to prep us big meals as well as the guests in the hotel)
- If you want to move to another position they do what they can to work with you
- Benefits are expensive. A few dollars a pay period from my last job with same benefits
- Lots of miscommunication (at least in housekeeping)
- High turn over rates (again, in housekeeping, probably because of the amount of work)
- Strict dress code ( no visible tattoos, no unnatural hair coloring, unless you are in uniform (housekeeping, restaurants, kitchen) you dress business casual
Advice to Management
Get better communication. Maybe every leader carry around a small notebook and when something noteworthy comes up they write it down, so they can let the other know.
I applied online. I interviewed at Greenleaf Hospitality Group (Kalamazoo, MI) in July 2016.
Very simple sit down where I was explained the job title and responsibilities. I didn't have to repeat what was on my application or resume. No trick questions. Just very simple.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –