I have been working at Griffith Company full-time
1) Family oriented environment. Friendly and fun people to work with.
2) Lots of employee celebrations (e.g. birthdays, baby showers) and employee bonding events (e.g. Annual Safety Picnic, summer barbecues, Thanksgiving Turkey Shoot).
3) A rapidly growing community service initiative ("Griffith Company For Community"). Financial donations to several nonprofits, and opportunities for employees to participate in community service projects.
4) The CEO (Tom Foss) and other company executives have invested in the development of our younger talent pool (e.g. summer interns and project engineers).
5) Strong employee benefits package (e.g. medical, dental, vision, 401K, employee stock ownership plan, vacation, sick time).
6) Leadership is actively involved in the California chapter of one of the construction industry's strongest professional associations, Associated General Contractors (AGC). Griffith Company is well respected by AGC California.
7) Challenging and rewarding summer internship program. The interns are engaged in meaningful tasks, and have their day-to-day learning complemented by several activities (e.g. job site visits, trainings, 1-on-1 sessions with the CEO).
8) Impressive portfolio of heavy civil construction projects throughout Southern California.
9) Recent initiatives designed to better engage and develop employees (e.g. community service committee, new training sessions for project engineers and project managers, SharePoint site with company updates and essential work tools, Culture Committee).
10) My ideas and contributions are valued by my boss and company leadership.
Dealing with some of the same issues as other companies in an "old school" industry (construction), but aware of this and moving in the right direction.
Advice to Management
Continue to invest in efforts to engage and develop our employee base. Better engaged and developed employees will contribute to a more positive work environment and increased profitability for Griffith Company.
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Griffith Company (Santa Fe Springs, CA).
Applied online at Griffith's website, followed up with phone interview about 2 weeks later. Then Scheduled for 2nd interview in office. Interview lasted about an hour. It wasn't too intimidating, but more like a casual conversation.
To honor Women In Construction Week, we hosted a lunch on March 8 to celebrate the value of our women employees. Roughly 40 women from our Brea and Santa Fe Springs offices attended to network and be empowered by motivational speaker, Colleen Hauk.—30+ days ago
Griffith Company is spreading some holiday cheer to communities in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and even as far away as Michoacan, Mexico. We are hosting toy and food drives, and donating funds to the L.A. Mission and Orange County Rescue Mission.—30+ days ago
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –