As part of our commitment to transparency, our CEO holds an internal update on the ins and outs of the company every quarter. We are expanding the scope of those updates by sharing that information externally. See the highlights of what happened at Growth Pilots in Q3 2018 and what's ahead for us. Get a look at our revenue growth, our team expansion, alumni network, and our quarterly team outing!
Growth Pilots is a digital marketing agency based in San Francisco that specializes in paid search and paid social advertising. Although we consider ourselves an agency by classification, we act much more like an internal marketing team that’s dedicated to the mastery of paid marketing channels for our clients.
Our CEO, Soso Sazesh, decided to start Growth Pilots after constantly coming across high-growth companies struggling to figure out paid acquisition. They lacked the time and expertise to do it internally, and their experiences with agencies were often marked by passive management, poor communication, lack of transparency, and limited investment from agency account managers juggling too many clients.
Growth Pilots was founded to be an answer for frustrated companies looking for a dedicated partner that would stop at nothing to achieve results. We selectively partner with very few best-in-class companies so that we can take the time to understand a client’s business and treat it as if it were our own.
I have been working at Growth Pilots full-time (Less than a year)
- The most amazing coworkers + a management team that doesn't mind getting their hands dirty!
- CULTURE! (fun, collaborative, engaging)
- Super transparent at all levels of the organization (communication is key at GP)
- Feedback oriented (there's no shortage of feedback given from employees + management)
- 100% employer paid Medical Benefits (with Dental + Vision being rolled out in April)
- Flexible PTO (and you're actually encouraged to use it!)
- WFH Wednesday's (yes, please!)
- Quarterly Bonuses (always a pleasant surprise)
- Commuter Benefits ($100/month)
- Learning + Development Stipend ($300/quarter per employee to attend seminars, webinars, trainings, etc.)
- Breakfast Burrito Monday's (we're on a mission to find the best breakfast burrito in SF)
- Friday Team Lunch (we currently order through Caviar and get to choose exactly what we want for lunch)
- Quarterly team outings (Napa Trips, Boat Rides in the Bay + Bowling to name a few)
- Close to Montgomery BART Station (love the easy commute)
- There is never a shortage of work so the days can get long (but they sure go by fast!)
- With any company scaling, there can be growing pains. However, the Management team is being proactive about this and taking employee feedback into consideration along the way.
Advice to Management
- Keep focusing on employee morale and happiness... it will pay off in the long run!
- Continue to be transparent and communicate the good, the bad and the ugly. We appreciate knowing the in's and out's of the company!
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Growth Pilots (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.
1 Phone Call with Director asking basic questions about culture, why I wanted the job, and my background. After getting past that, 1 In-Person interview with Director (more on technical capabilities for the job), HR (asking about organizational abilities), some current employees (100% culture fit test), CEO (more so him sharing background of the company and allow you to field questions about GP)
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –