Working at Guernsey | Glassdoor

Guernsey Overview

Work Here? Get a Free Employer Account
Oklahoma City, OK
51 to 200 employees
1928
Company - Private
Business Services
$10 to $25 million (USD) per year
Unknown
Guernsey is a unified collection of engineering, architectural, and consulting services. If you examine us closely, you might only see the component pieces. But if you look at the bigger picture you see a unique and cohesive employee-owned firm, capable of handling a wide array ... Read more

Mission: Providing innovative solutions to our clients by understanding their business and with skilled, enthusiastic staff.

Guernsey Reviews

3.6
StarStarStarStarStar
Recommend to a friend
Approve of CEO
(no image)
CEO
0 Ratings
  • "A lot of disconnect between groups within the company. Staff not all qualified for position they hold."

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Doesn't Recommend

    Pros

    Guernsey is an employee owned company. Worked with you on when you need time off. Shared financial information about the company freely.

    Cons

    Working with a lot of people that held internal positions that were not qualified to hold the position. No connect throughout the company, too focused on individual group.

See All 3 Reviews

Guernsey Photos

Guernsey photo of: Guernsey Headquarters
See All PhotosSee All

Guernsey Interviews

Experience

Experience
100%
0%
0%

Getting an Interview

Getting an Interview
100%

Difficulty

3.0
Average

Difficulty

Hard
Average
Easy
  1.  

    Structural Engineer Interview

    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guernsey (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2015.

    Interview

    Had lunch and discussed the attitude and mindset of the company and the requirements and expectations of the structural engineer. The interviewers where very personable and enjoyed the conversation and discussion of the "Guernsey way" (my words) and the future prospects for the company. The majority of the interview consisted of my asking questions about CH Guernsey and their overall mission and direction. About 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time was a cursory review of my experience and the skills required for the position. These were just yes or no questions.

    Interview Questions

    • What engineering software tools have you used in the past?
      Do you have Revit experience?
      Do you have AutoCAD experience?
      Have you used RISA, TEDDS, etc.   1 Answer

    Negotiation

    The negotiations where done over the phone and I am satisfied with the compensation package they offered.

See All 1 Interviews

Guernsey Awards & Accolades

Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition – Add Awards

Work at Guernsey? Share Your Experiences

Guernsey
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or