Mission: HCL’s mission is to be the employer and partner of choice by focusing on our stated values of Employees First, Trust, Transparency, Flexibility and Value Centricity.
HCL has a culture of grass-roots, business-driven, customer-focused innovation, in ...
We’re pleased to announce the acquisition of Actian Corporation, a global leader in next-generation hybrid data management, data analytics, and integration solutions in collaboration with Sumeru Equity Partners. Learn more: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQzo5
Join us at the ISG Future Workplace Summit, on 28th August, at The Westin, Sydney, Australia. Register here for the event: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQQt9
At the dawn of the new millennium, a unique information technology company was born: HCL Technologies.
Businesses across industries stand at an inflection point today. Far-reaching disruption fuelled by technologies like Digitalization, Analytics, Cloud, loT and Automation mean these technologies lie at the core of any enterprise that is trying to reinvent itself. As the demand for these services increase, HCL Technologies is accelerating its evolution into a next-generation technology services firm through our Mode 1-2-3 strategy.
We believe that real value lies in the relationship created between customer and provider, which is built on three deeply rooted value systems:
• We put Employees First, empowering them to believe in everyday ideas that create immense value for our customers, making HCL Technologies the world's largest Ideapreneurship™.
• Our fixation on Value Centricity is dedicated to delivering more value for our clients, putting their interests ahead of ours and delivering value that goes beyond the contract.
• Our belief in Trust, Transparency and Flexibility drives us to step into our customers' business reality, guaranteeing outcomes with great enthusiasm. At HCL Technologies, our striving is continuously towards building long-term, value-centric relationships with our customers.
HCL has been a part of the United States’ growth and technological advancement since 1989, when we commenced operations with our first office in the heart of Silicon Valley. We’ve expanded across 21 states to drive complex engineering programs, creating career opportunities for the nation’s brightest, as well as partnering with several top F500 companies, breakthroughs and new opportunities that have shaped the technology industry today.
The cornerstone of our success in the United States is our commitment to creating employment and investing in communities. By identifying and hiring the best talent across our multiple U.S. delivery centers, today, 64% of our 15,000 strong workforce is locally hired. Our collaborations with 50+ top universities through our campus outreach programs and initiatives help us build enduring relationships with the brightest young minds in the US.
Some of our recent employer recognitions include:
• Being presented with the award for “Outstanding Employer in the State” by the Governor of North Carolina
• Being awarded our eighth “Excellence in Education Award” for developing local human resources through the Life Ofﬁce Management Association’s (LOMA) professional education and learning programs.
At HCL, innovation is not just another word, it’s part of our organizational heritage and DNA - a journey that began in 1976 and continues to power us ahead even today. The culture at HCL Technologies – ideapreneurship™ as we call it - makes the license to ideate a distinctive organizational capability.
HCL’s vibrant intrapreneurial culture is giving rise to institutional and grass-root programs that help in seeding ideas, nurturing creativity and harvesting innovation:
• Value Portal : This initiative is meant to recognize and reward individuals and teams who can create a niche for themselves and their customers by focusing on generating extra value. Value Portal has generated over 67,000 + innovative ideas for over 400 customers with 31,000 + unique contributors.
• Good Practices Conference (GPC): The conference provides a platform for Ideapreneurs to share their innovations and improvisations in the form of discussion papers and contribute to organizational growth.
• MAD JAM: MAD Jam is the integral piece of the innovation engine at HCL that recognizes and celebrates outstanding, employee-led innovations for customers. To date, MAD Jam has helped over 2700 outstanding innovators share their best ideas for innovation and transformation.
• IPM: This unique platform has the sole aim to create a unified Patent Policy under the Ideapreneurship umbrella to reward and recognize employees for their work which they believe to be patentable and thereby participate in achieving patent status.
As a future oriented organization and a corporate citizen, HCL Technologies aims to be at the forefront of encouraging diversity. HCL is also positioned as an employer of choice by women across the globe.
Towards this, presence of women role models plays a key role. #SheInspires captures the life stories of women who’ve blazed a trail in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields.
With these stories, we help inspire the next generation of women leaders in STEM.
At HCL, diversity has been a long-standing goal. To support gender diversity specifically, we run several programs including:
• Red ladder program: This program helps women at the workplace—at HCL or at our client organizations, in taking next steps towards effective leadership roles.
• HCL women connect: The initiative focuses on development programs and advocates a gender-neutral work environment by suggesting appropriate policies.
• Ascend: This wide-ranging initiative includes support programs, peer mentoring and coaching, transformational leadership learning and development platforms for women employees.
As a result of HCL’s gender diversity strategy and initiatives, our overall gender ratio has been sustained. We believe would translate into improved representation of women at the leadership level in the years to come.
Do you have the passion to excel, urge to be creative, a never-ending thirst for knowledge and the desire to grow? Then, HCL is the right place for you because we focus on building a culture of innovation and breakthrough thinking, which results in value creation. The work environment and corporate culture ensure your personal and professional development along with the overall growth of the organization.
HCL’s Mode 1-2-3 strategy helps future proof our customers' business, by deploying a concurrent, three-point spotlight on the existing core of their business, new growth areas as well as the ecosystems of the future.
• Mode 1: Core Services
Under Mode 1, HCL delivers core services in the areas of applications, infrastructure, BPO and Engineering & R&D, leveraging DRYiCE autonomics and orchestration to transform clients’ business and IT landscape making them “lean” and “agile”.
• Mode 2: Next Generation Services
Under Mode 2, HCL delivers experience-centric and outcome-oriented integrated offerings of Digital & Analytics, IoT WoRKS™, Cloud Native Services and Cyber-security & GRC services.
• Mode 3: Products & Platforms
HCL continues to explore and enter into innovative IP-based partnerships, targeting specific next-generation opportunities. HCL also continues to invest in our internal IP creation strategy and expansion of capabilities and markets for DRYiCE, the next-generation autonomics and orchestration products and platform.
I worked at HCL Technologies full-time
Good culture,Employee feedback,Immigration policy,strong work force,Projects
Worklife balance,Micro management,Bench strength, Offshore,Long hour calls
Advice to Management
Top level needs to give weightage to employees concern
I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.
2 phone interviews. Both with 2 different team managers.
Got a phone call and was asked basic questions about my background, skills and education. There was a question about what process is followed to log into an online bank account.
The second phone interview was with a different team manager who had a very bad cold and kept coughing making it very difficult to understand what he was saying/asking. He spent most of the interview trying to explain the position. I guess they wanted someone who they could train so mainly just looked for a person who was open to learning.