Mission: Our mission is to empower every person and every organization that we encounter to achieve more by elevating their companies and careers. Technology changes, trends change, but our commitment to helping our clients does not.
I worked at HIRECLOUT full-time
- Founders who are all-in. You will work side by side with the CEO/Founders and they will be in the trenches with you.
- Extensive exposure to up-to-date technology, recruiting best practices, and business decisions. It is a small company, so you are not just a number.
- Coffee brewed every morning thanks to a wonderful office manager.
- Bagels on Fridays
- Must be able to "roll with the punches." There tends to be a lack of consistent processes and systems, and you must be able to understand the scrappy start-up vibe. If you are paralyzed by lack of structure, this isn't the best place. If you are independently organized and autonomous, and are willing to share your knowledge and advice to others, you can succeed here.
- Agency recruiting has high turnover. You might see people come and go.
- A lot of work for one person. You are a full-desk recruiter. You do not have a coordinator to schedule for you and you must balance absolutely everything about your own desk. This job is not for the faint of heart, and in order to be successful you must be comfortable talking to and selling to both candidates and clients. Recruiting is not as "sales-y" as other sales jobs, but this is very much a sales position.
Advice to Management
- A more streamlined way to collect commission. Currently, recruiters are able to see the commission they have acquired by checking an excel sheet, and requesting the money by emailing those in charge of payroll. I think this system should be more automated. It is awkward having to ask for your own money.
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HIRECLOUT (Woodland Hills, CA) in November 2014.
The interview process is casual and friendly, but very detailed. You can expect to be interviewed by the company Founders, in addition to others in management. The interview itself is not difficult, but is very long. Be prepared to stay at least 3 hours; the time does not include any requested tests. The company likes to hire smart people, that can grow with them. Company culture "fit" is something they also consider important. They are a lively team that like to have fun together.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Pay Equality Pledge
Committed to paying equitably for equal work & experience
Tech Hiring Commitment
Helping to train, hire and promote more technology workers
Career Advancement Program
Helping employees "upskill" into higher-paying positions
Social Responsibility Pledge
Formal programs or foundation to give back to communities
Has programs that support a diverse and inclusive workforce
Pledge to Thrive
Taking steps to prioritize employee well-being
First Job Programs
Maintain entry-level hiring and career development programs to give people career starts
Offer formal "internships" for mid-career people or those returning to the workforce