I have been working at Happy Goal Kids English full-time (More than 3 years)
As an actual employee, I've enjoyed most of my time working for this company. Teaching kids is an awesome experience that has been quite joyful. Kids love you and parents are quite grateful so see foreigners teaching their kids English
- I've always been helped by Chinese staff whenever I was in need (hospital, banking, visas, etc.)
- Great chance to meet people from different countries.
- Growth opportunities for foreigners.
Here are cons that I noticed from other teachers
- Some people find it difficult adapting to Chinese culture and management style, they expect things to run the same way as back home.
- Being stubborn or unwilling to change your teaching style won't help at all here.
- If teaching or being with kids is not your thing and you come here just for traveling, don't even bother.
Advice to Management
- Annual increases & promotion raises could be better.
- Increase number of Western personnel in management.
- Listen to teachers needs to get a whole picture in how to improve things.
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Happy Goal Kids English (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.
After sending in a CV and application, the center director conducted a Skype interview consisting of a friendly conversation and questions about the candidate's accent, university degree, and teaching experience. The interviewer made special care to inform the candidate that living abroad can be difficult at times, and made sure the candidate was ready to take the position.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –