Mission: Our mission is to simplify the entire software delivery process so that software engineering teams can move fast and ship code effortlessly without the fear of breaking things. That's why we're bringing the industry’s first Continuous ...
I have been working at Harness full-time (Less than a year)
- People are very approachable and willing to stop what they're doing to help
- I really like that there aren't too many meetings, which leaves more time developing skills and shipping features
- Everyone is breathing the same energy and you'll hear constant discussions around the product
- Engineers are very senior and tons of opportunity to learn and seek mentorship
- Monthly massages, weekly happy hour, daily push ups, and foosball - never had an employer so generous in taking care of their employees
- Getting to understand the product/terminology is tough and takes time for someone not familiar
- Expectations are high and times do get fairly stressful, but I'd opt for this over a corporate job. It's been the most challenging and rewarding place I've ever worked
Advice to Management
- Continue doing a great job on recognizing individuals and being transparent on the company's successes, milestones, and plans/roadmap.
- As teams are getting larger, it would be nice to have more offsite team bonding activities to get to know one another
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Harness (Cumming, GA) in June 2018.
Recruiter reached out and was interested based on my background, set up 30 minute screen to validate fit. After a series of 3 more phone interviews they determined a face to face interview was the next step . They asked me to fly into SFO with very short notice, I booked and paid for flight and hotel for 3 onsite meetings. All meetings went very well, asked everyone throughout the process if they would support hiring me and received positive respsones. I fly home and await the job offer. No offer. I follow up with recruiter, he goes dark. I send email thanking them for the time and kindly ask them to reimburse me for just the flight... no reply, Thinking that somehow he didn’t get my email, i left 1 vm, and 1 text....no response. It’s hard to believe that an organization would treat a candidate this way.
What a waste of time and money!
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Pay Equality Pledge
Committed to paying equitably for equal work & experience
Tech Hiring Commitment
Helping to train, hire and promote more technology workers
Has programs that support a diverse and inclusive workforce