Mission: We are the world's leading recruiting experts in qualified, professional and skilled work. By truly understanding our clients and candidates, locally and globally, we help people and companies achieve a lasting impact.
I have been working at Hays full-time (Less than a year)
Extensive training to help you feel confident in your role. Everyone is welcoming and helpful. Best work life balance I have found at any company. Frequent (sometimes weekly) employee outings really brings the team together.
None thus far- I will update at a later date if I find the need. Some people find the commission structure confusing but it's quite simple once it's explained to you.
Advice to Management
Keep up the awesome team building and communication- it makes all the difference!
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hays (New York, NY) in October 2017.
I was contacted on linkedin.
1) Skype interview with Hays Internal Recruiter
2) Assesment Center - Group of 6 candidates + Hays Internal Recruiter and Hays Director. On this stage they will play roles and its great to better understand what the job is and if it is really for you. My tip is: do an extensive research about the company and what recruitment is. An extensive material is available on Youtube and on the website. The more you know, the better prepared you will be. You really have to show you want it.
3) Skype Interview with Country Manager/Director. It would be presencial but he was out of country. Not even one useless question. Very professional. It took about 20 minutes but he asked me very stratagic questions. Again prepare yourself. Showing that you fully understand the business can make a diference. Show them you want it, show them you can do it.
4) presencial meeting with head of office and senior consultant: last stage. again very professional people treated me really well. Long interview as I had to explain many questions and provide details about my CV. Prepare yourself. I noticed that your look is very important here. Make sure you are perfectly dressed with formal business clothes. Hair, nails, etc everything counts and you dont want to lose points with this. Show up very well dressed even on small details.
5) references checks: if they ask you for this it is very likely you will receive an offer letter. provide them two contacts, ex-managers is prefered. Call your pp in advance and ask them if they can give good references. Choose someone you trust.
Finally they will invite you to go back to the office and give you an offer letter!
Sorry for the typos. Writing from the phone. Good luck. if you read this youre probably doing a more extensive research than your competitors. So keep yourself calm and speak with confidance. Smile, stand up and shake hands when the enter the room. They will start evaluting you from the moment you arrive at the reception. Be friendly and polite with the recepcionist.
What are the worst questions to ask your potential colleagues during an interview, and what should you ask instead?
Have you ever wanted an opportunity so much, that during your interview , you ended up listing every single reason why you were the most suitable candidate for the job?