Our pride is our people and the experiences we create for our fans. High Moon’s talent comprises of industry veterans responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award winning developers, published artists and game specialists recognized as among the best in their field. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques designed to boost productivity and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
I have been working at High Moon Studios full-time (More than a year)
- Not a whole lot of crunch. Obviously, there is crunch like any gaming studio, but not a ton of it. The most I've crunched for was three months straight, but that was extremely rare.
- Free lunch, free snacks, free drinks!
- Friendly culture. Everyone is very accepting which makes coming in as a new employee a very easy transition.
- Town hall meetings to keep employees updated. Usually bi-monthly.
- Get to work on a variety of projects.
- North County San Diego location!!!!!
- Smaller, more intimate studio with the huge studio scale projects.
- Call of Duty... Destiny... Two of the biggest franchises in the world that you can work on.
- Outside-of-work activities such as Frisbee, Yoga, and more.
No real cons other than anywhere in San Diego can be pretty expensive.
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at High Moon Studios.
Recruiter/HR person solicited me out of the blue even though I was not looking. I went through their process because I had a minor interest in Destiny. Like most companies they use this knowledge to be very arrogant. They acted as if though I was inconveniencing them, and ended the interview early when they decided I was not the perfect fit. I do not recommend that anyone should apply here.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –