I worked at IEEE full-time (More than 3 years)
- WORK LIFE BALANCE A+
- Very flexible with hours and working from home if needed
- You get the satisfaction of working at a non-profit while still getting the corporate experience since it is quite a large organization
- Manager was great
- Very quiet, low-key work culture, a bit monotonous
- Upper management was a bit detached
- Lots of bureaucracy made processes very slow
I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at IEEE in June 2017.
Applied online. A few weeks later I received an email invitation to a Skype interview with the hiring manager. The conversation was pleasant and I felt like both of us had a common understanding of the job and the potential for the position as this is a new project within ieee. I know others were being interviewed and it is likely other candidates were a better fit. Either way, that Skype conversation was the last communication I had, which is disappointing. EDIT: I finally received word 6 weeks later that I was not selected. I'm okay with that for the reason already stated, but disappointed that it took so long to send a form email.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –