I have been working at IUCN full-time (More than 10 years)
- Very flat structure. Senior management is approachable
- Change process has been very transparent
- Mission is very strong. Employees truly believe in the mission
- Hard work leads to success
- HQ and regions work very closely and cordially as compared to many big international organizations
- Compensation is fair but there is always room for improvement
- Flexibility to staff on their work schedules
- Corporates functions work well with each other
- General benefits (pension and insurances) can be more standardized across all locations
Advice to Management
- Could move from old fashioned nature conservation to modern methods. This would need a turnover at the senior management level
- Improve branding of the organization. Currently seems to be the "best kept secret"
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IUCN (Washington, DC) in April 2015.
I saw the posting on an email list and applied by email as well. I was contacted for a Skype interview as I was not living in DC at the time. The interview took about an hour and was fairly balanced between me talking about myself and them talking about the position and IUCN in general.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –