I worked at Innovative Micro Technology full-time (Less than a year)
Imt is good place for new commer. You will learn a lot and touch every area of Semiconductor fabrication. Lot of projects coming and leaving every year.
1. Very Poor Management, and poor salary scale unless your are P.hd.
2. They will promote you but not your salary.
3. Treat you like a technician
4. No carrier growth until you move out.
5. Front desk people are very disrespectful.
6. They have layoffs every year, so you never know what's gonna happen.
7. Senior people condemning each other in front of every body during meetings.
Advice to Management
Value your engineers.
I was asked at least 10 questions, one of them was.
What would you do if the work of a subordinate or team member was not up to expectations?
Luckily, I have quite a bit of previous team experience, and have faced this situation a few times in the past -- so let me tell you how I've learned to handle the issue. The most important first step in dealing with an underperforming subordinate or team member is honest communications -- talking with the person can lead to some surprising discoveries, such as the person not understanding the assigned tasks to being overwhelmed with the assignment. Once I discovered the problem, I could then forge a solution that usually solved the problem and allowed the work to move forward. So often in situations like this, the problem is some combination of miscommunications and unrealistic expectations.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –