Mission: To be the world's leading Deep Green Engineering firm. We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
I have been working at Integral Group full-time
- Energizing and inspiring to be surrounded by coworkers who are passionate about our mission to build a more sustainable world
- High-performance, award-winning projects and a variety of building types
- Very accessible via public transit; located right next to the 12th St Oakland BART station
- Cute dogs in the office to pet
- Casual dress code and social co-workers
- A lot of natural light and plants in the office
- Fun events for the office which have included camping, bowling, visiting the Exploratorium, holiday party, and watching the Golden State Warriors victory parade from our 2nd-floor windows
- Wide range of age diversity (20s up to 60s and everything in-between)
- CEO has a fun personality; known to wear a kilt to company parties
- Open office layout means that the work environment can get noisy when multiple conversations happen near you; headphones recommended
- Office has grown from 30 to 90 employees over the last 4-5 years which led to some growing pains, but management has responded over the last few months with more support (for example: increasing front desk admin staff from 1 to 2; hiring 3 separate people for HR / office manager / digital marketing when there was 1 person doing all 3 previously; announcing the rollout of an office mentorship program)
Advice to Management
- Be more present in the office
- Make the org chart less confusing
- Improve communication to from leadership level down to teams
I applied online. I interviewed at Integral Group (Oakland, CA) in July 2017.
Super fast rejections! Applied Sunday, Email Monday, phone interview and rejection Tuesday. Tell me about yourself, why did you apply here, experience in MEP, tell me something you designed. I'm unemployed, you have a job opening, none, none. Fail. 5 minutes. Wish all companies were like this.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –