I have been working at Interac full-time (More than 3 years)
- Overall recognizes the need to evolve and is proactive about changing its image.
- Flat organization, if you are social, you can win people's trust and advance quickly
- Great benefits
- Great office location
- The culture is too laid back.
- There is a lot of "approval by committee" for major and trivial decisions.
- Some of the old timer need to go and allow for new thinking
- Lots of weak performers just coast because they have been around for a long time, some departments have redundant jobs and nothing to do all day
Advice to Management
It's hard to sell a hope and change agenda with no fundamental change in leadership, people don't just wake up one and lead differently.
focus more on development, and promote smart people. Raise the bar with your hiring - we can getting better than middle manager from big 5 banks
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Interac (Toronto, ON (Canada)).
I had no issues with the hiring process, it was pretty seamless and fast. I applied online and had a phone screen with a recruiter two weeks later. Then an interview was scheduled a few days later with the hiring manager and then I went back in to meet with a VP and HR the next week. The interview questions were pretty standard, nothing too crazy. Everyone I interviewed with was very nice and it was a great experience from beginning to end. I accepted the offer.
Interac® teams up with three Canadian startups to bring innovative money transfer experiences to market.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –