I worked in the Pool and Beach Division and they are the best crew I've ever worked with
- Provide break time meals that come from catering, so 90% of what they serve is pretty good. If you're lucky you can get hooked up with a gourmet from 1555 or Splashes.
- Value their employees immensely with promotional programs just for fun and rewards programs when an employee goes above and beyond their responsibilities
- Staff thoroughly gets along amongst all divisions
- Management is extremely fair in their treatment of employees and expectations of employees are very clear from the start
- All around my favorite job I've had so far
- It's kind of annoying dealing with the local kids who sneak into the pool area and steal towels constantly, but if you're vigilant then it's pretty easy to control them.
- None. If you get the opportunity to work in Pool and Beach, do it!!
Advice to Management
Updating the stock of beach chairs and umbrellas would be nice, as they are pretty outdated. Find a way to tell people who've only just eaten at the restaurant (and are not guests) that just because they ate at the hotel they are not entitled to beach setup service. Other than that keep doing what you're doing, I loved working here.
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JC Resorts in December 2013.
I applied and was contacted about 2 weeks later. First I was phone interviewed and then I was contacted for a interview at the Rancho Bernardo Inn. The questions asked where basic. It seem's like it's a great company to work for.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –