Mission: Our mission is to provide highly engaging games to our audience to match their mobile lifestyles: our engineering and design teams have built a world-class technology platform that lets millions play anywhere, anytime, from any device, and provides social interactions between ...
I have been working at King full-time (More than 3 years)
- Leadership has really paved the way for innovation on our next wave of titles. We have a lot of leeway to be creative and try things to create the next big thing for mobile.
- Lunches and snacks are plentiful and the office location in Downtown Seattle is central and near a bunch of great stuff.
- Leadership in the studio has given the game teams a lot of autonomy to build the games and features that they want.
- We probably have the best culture and teamwork at the studio that we have had in years.
- Communication with central King Leadership is sometimes slow, which can hamper our ability to get stuff done quickly.
Advice to Management
- Keep giving teams space to be creative!
- Keep a consistent Prototype process going so ideas don't go stale
I applied online. I interviewed at King (New York, NY) in April 2017.
Received an email from their recruiter from London, had a 30 min phone interview. I thought the interview went well until they started to probe about my salary, I said I was uncomfortable but the recruiter would not let up, telling me that they could not go forward with my application without knowing my salary - completely unprofessional and made me feel completely uninterested in working with them. I believe this position is just to probe for salary information.