I worked at Lifetime Training full-time
- Compensation in line with other training providers
- Senior Management understand the demands of the trainer role
- Team management very supportive and strong sense of team
- Zero work life balance
- Poor benefits (e.g. no additional maternity pay)
- Definite favouritism in some teams
I applied online. I interviewed at Lifetime Training in October 2017.
Online application followed by initial telephone interview.
In principal this would have been okay but interviewer was 10 minutes late using it being Monday morning as an excuse! Not impressed at all.
I was sent a brief prior to interview requesting specific information re experience relevence be prepared. Spent the evening prior to call note taking etc. It wasn't referred to once. Stunned.
I had prepared a number of questions, particularly as I was looking to change careers, and interviewer tried to cut me short after 3 questions. Overall impression Poor.