I have been working at MODEC full-time (More than 5 years)
1. 9/80 schedule and we are fed breakfast the Friday's we work.
2. Cheap insurance premiums which is less than $70.00 per paycheck for medical and dental for a family
3. Great pay for engineering, and project management functions
4. Energy corridor location
5. Typically receive bonuses before Christmas
6. Lost of travel
1. MODEC/SOFEC operates as two separate companies
2. Nothing innovative for employees
3. Lack of accountability and employees have to commit a MAJOR infraction. They keep low performers
4. Training has somewhat improved, but I would like to learn more to succeed in my role
Advice to Management
Better compliance to weed out executives/employees doing illegal activities
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MODEC (Houston, TX) in May 2013.
I was interviewed to do contract work for Modec project through my Company's project manager. It was very straight forward that if I can perform the required tasks for the project.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –