I have been working at Macmillan Cancer Support full-time (More than 3 years)
- People are very supportive of one another
- The cause is inspiring and the people (beneficiaries and staff) you meet drive you to do great work
- Wonderful brand that allows for creativity
- Uncertainty of direction
- Mixed leadership - some who are reluctant to change and move forward and others who push us to be innovative - hence a lack of clarity on goals
- Very large organisation so can be difficult to understand the different teams
- Under resourced in certain areas and over resourced in others which makes work delivery difficult
Advice to Management
- Listen to staff members
- Embrace change and become an innovative sector leader again
- Provide clear direction and as the values state - be open
I applied online. I interviewed at Macmillan Cancer Support (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.
Asked to submit CV and short covering letter. Preset task (develop a strategy) followed by competency based questions with potential line manager and a colleague at the same level. 2nd Interview at a later date which was not originally mentioned. With potential line manager and a senior manager with slightly more in depth but similar competency based questions.
Received detailed and very helpful feedback by phone afterwards.