Mission: Make Magenic a Great Place to Work
Magenic was created with the idea that it should be possible to have a consulting culture that combined cutting edge-technology projects with a strong work-life balance. Our founding principle was to be a great place for ...
Magenic is the digital technology consulting firm built for speed. We have the right digital strategies, the right process, and the right people to get our clients' digital products to market faster.
At Magenic, you'll find each day offers new opportunities to fast-forward your career.
We’re a passionate community of creative problem solvers who understand the power of collaboration and intellectual curiosity. The variety of work we do across a broad range of clients means we're always learning something new. We stay on top of the latest industry trends and advances in technology. With access to our formalized mentoring program and community of thought leaders, our self-driven training environment, and structured career paths, you'll propel your career forward-fast.
The willingness to stand up and fight for what is right
For technology and how it can create success for ourselves and our clients
We actively support each other during challenging times
I have been working at Magenic full-time (Less than a year)
* Many types of clients and projects mean exposure to different work flows, tech stacks and processes
* Encouraging work environment
* Great managers and thought leadership
* Many opportunities to grow and advance are available for those who wish to take them
* Clients and projects are all over the spectrum, from great to terrible.
* Can be hard to balance the needs of the client with the needs of the company if they do not align
* Long stretches between projects can hurt productivity and moral
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you're doing and continue to train and push your team. Keep visibility with your team high.
Implement a remote work policy.
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magenic.
After answering a few questions via e-mail, I had a phone screen and then was invited in to do an assessment test and 30 minute interview. After 'passing' that, I had a 3 hour series of 30 minute interviews. Some focused on technical questions and others were behavioral. Everyone was very nice.