Mission: Our mission is to make the world work better; not only for our clients in the offices we serve but by creating jobs with opportunities for career growth for workers of all backgrounds and helping the small businesses we partner with thrive.
Managed by Q has officially launched in Boston!
See how Q’s Talent team promotes diversity in the workplace, such as partnering with nonprofits and creating an environment of transparency: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQ9Bq
Managed by Q is the platform for office management. We help the world’s leading companies build, design, staff, and manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts and top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices and a deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the world’s leading investors, including Google Ventures, RRE, Homebrew, Greycroft, and Staples. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
We strongly believe in sharing our success and proudly offer equity to ALL employees, regardless of their role. We are extremely proud to be one of a handful of companies to do so.
We encourage our employees to take advantage of our flexible PTO policies—take as much vacation as they want, as long as they’re getting their work done and hitting goals!
We provide breakfast for our staff every weekday and bring in a gourmet, catered lunch every other Friday. Our snack supply is always full of healthy options and treats, as well as kombucha and cold brew on tap.
Located in the heart of NYC—our HQ office in Soho is thoughtfully designed, dog friendly, and outfitted for the modern workplace with standing desks, quiet zones, private phone booths, and a wellness room.
We offer all full-time employees a suite of health & wellness benefits including medical, dental, vision, and family plans.
We invest in every Operator and offer a generous matching program to help them save towards their retirement and future.
We value time spent with family and provide generous parental leave for our employees, covering both births and adoptions.
Our 7 principles are the guiding light to how we work, communicate with, and reward our employees:
We create the context for others to succeed. Internally, we seek to replace ourselves by sharing information, learning, and power. In our communities, we expand economic opportunity.
🚣Pick up a paddle
We don’t wait for others to take action and we don’t get paralyzed by ambiguity. We charge hard at problems and relish every chance to collaborate and create outcomes. Our resolve, focus, and execution inspires and emboldens those around us.
We find opportunity by deeply understanding the present and future needs of our team, our partners and our clients. We are constantly learning, always curious to understand why. When confronted with conflict or adversity, we seek first to understand.
💪Be a founder
We are a team of owners, constantly founding our future. We feel individual responsibility for our collective success or failure, regardless of our functional boundaries. A founder delegates, but never abdicates, and always owns the outcome.
We tell it like it is and default to open. Transparency with our teammates, partners and clients builds trust and accelerates execution. We invite honest feedback and embrace hard conversations to fuel our learning.
🏋️Raise the bar
We demand excellence and integrity from ourselves, our peers and our teams. We are intrinsically motivated to do great work. We don’t wait for perfect, we chase it, shipping relentlessly and reaching ever higher.
We are long-term thinkers, always building with our eyes on the horizon. We invest in opportunities today to broaden our impact tomorrow. Optimism is oxygen for our endless ambitions.
We believe in creating a people-first work culture, and invest in a world-class employee experience to deliver on that promise. We offer an array of events and programs to enrich our culture and fuel constant learning everyday:
In addition, every employee has a say in creating the culture at Q and we take their feedback seriously. We conduct weekly, monthly, and quarterly surveys to continually refine and elevate their experience!
I worked at Managed by Q full-time (More than 3 years)
- A fantastic place to learn. That is– if you are willing to ask questions and never settle for "I know enough."
- A hard-working team, really committed to making Q's "good jobs philosophy" a success by ensuring all employees earn a decent wage and have access to solid benefits (health, 401k, paid holidays, sick leave) - no matter if you're a cleaner or an engineer.
- Feedback and improvements ideas are welcomed positively. I never felt my comments would be dismissed or not addressed.
- Massive efforts to become a more diverse and unbiased work environment. Not a 100% successful, but definitely working towards that.
- Intellectually challenging (depends on team and responsibilities) - There are plenty of issues to solve, processes to be created and improved upon (it is a startup after all) - If you are a natural problem solver - this is a fantastic place for you.
- Transparent CEO and leadership. Everybody knows how the company is doing at all levels, and this really makes you feel you're working on something BIG.
- Work/life balance for some of some Services team members is non-existent. Although I think there is a personal grade of responsibility here, I encourage the company to look into this. People do burnout.
- Some inexperienced folks in director and manager level positions.
Advice to Management
- If you want to continue to grow, you have to bring people with more experience on large-scale operations (especially in the services side of the business.) or at least, be better advised on how to manage complex field operations along with an ever-growing internal workforce.
-I like what we’re building but sometimes it feels safe and uncreative. Encourage more out-of-the-box thinking, and I have no doubt Q will be a force to reckon with.
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Managed by Q (New York, NY) in June 2015.
Within minutes of submitting my application, I was contacted for an interview. From that initial conversation, everything else moved promptly and professionally. Every person I met at Q was genuinely excited to meet me and share what they do and how they're helping the company grow and become better. A couple of days after wrapping up my interviews, I received and accepted an offer.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –