Mission: Our mission is to ensure that all students learn the academic and personal skills they need to succeed in higher education, compete in the global economy and pursue their dreams.
I have been working at Mastery Charter School full-time
Strong staff community, rewarding work.
Ineffective communication, lack of transparency, no teacher input on major decisions.
Advice to Management
Involve teachers more in decision making process- we know the daily reality of being in a classroom and could provide some valuable insight.
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mastery Charter School (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.
1. Created and submitted a teacher application on PAREAP.
2. I was contacted for a phone interview from Mastery Charter's Central Office.
3. The phone interview lasted 15-30 minutes with the general teacher interview questions. I was told that my interview was great and that they would contact within a few days to schedule an interview based on my preferences.
4. A few days later I was invited to do a demo lesson at a school. I received both a phone call and an email with instructions on accepting the interview/demo invitation.
5. I interviewed and completed the 25 minute demo.
6. I was offered the position from the school's administration within a few hours.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –