Mission: We are committed to doing everything we can to help you succeed in your career, and to provide the tools and support for your physical and financial wellness.
Graduation Celebration at our Tulsa terminal! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQ7A1
Monthly company update with our CEO Bob Peterson! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQ7Ap
WELCOME TO MELTON TRUCK LINES
We are one of the nation's leading flatbed trucking companies with a large and growing fleet of modern, safe, and well-maintained equipment. We are uniquely 100% air-ride, providing shippers with consistent, on-time transportation service. Offering full North American coverage, Melton currently services over 5,000 satisfied shippers with a 98% on-time pick-up and delivery record.
Melton has been in the trucking business since 1954. During that time, we have responded to the changing needs of our customers and drivers, whether it is just-in-time delivery, satellite communications, or internet load tracking. We monitor each shipment, working diligently to ensure each load arrives on time. Melton is recognized as one of the most dependable international carriers covering the United States, Mexico and Canada. We have developed exceptional international border crossing expertise, giving our customers the advantage of efficient handing of their cargo in and out of Mexico.
Melton's commitment to safety is evident in our stringent driver employment standards and driver training programs. We go to great lengths to ensure our professional drivers are dedicated to the safe delivery of our customers' products. We aim to remain ahead of the competition and attract the best drivers with top pay and benefits, free on-site clinics and dentists, driver help desk, performance and referral bonuses, rider and pet programs, and much more.
MELTON DRIVING CAREERS
Thank you for considering a position with Melton Truck Lines!
As a businessman and OTR driver myself, I have a unique perspective in regards to what drivers need to make their OTR career and home life successful. Using my past experiences as a driver, I try to give my team what they deserve by ensuring Melton puts in place some of my favorite amenities as a driver.
MELTON FLATBED TRUCKING EQUIPMENT
Great drivers deserve great equipment! Melton Truck Lines operates a large and growing fleet of impeccably maintained, late-model equipment. We have one of the most modern and impressive fleets on the road today with the average age of our tractors being 1.5 years.
Some of the features offered on our trucks are:
We assign trucks to individual drivers which means the truck stays with you even on home time. No slip seating! Melton also supports our drivers with 24/7 roadside assistance as well as excellent operational support.
Our CSA-friendly and late-model equipment will keep you rolling. Experience the most comfortable miles you’ll ever driver with Melton!
Flatbed and Step Deck Trailers
With over 450 48' trailers and 1545 53' trailers, Melton maintains a fleet of trailers designed to fit our customer's flatbed shipping needs which means we have the freight to get you the miles you need. Our trailers have air-ride, spread axle suspension and offer 48,000 lb. payload capacity. The average age of our trailers is 3.5 years.
We have also introduced 200 premium MAC aluminum stepdeck trailers to our fleet. Along with several other strategic features, each stepdeck is equipped with the Hendrickson System Tiremax Pro which auto-adjusts the PSI up or down depending on the outside temperature and keeps you moving.
MELTON NON-DRIVING CAREERS
Between our brand new gym, delicious cafe, and all the wonderful employees, you won't even know you're at work. Whether you have years of industry experience or are just starting your career, Melton and Conexus have the opportunities for you.
Our family culture and open communication creates an ideal work environment, and with our health and wellness culture, we have developed an array of excellent benefits!
We invest in our employees and help them find the right path. From sales, HR, accounting, management and marketing to facilities, landscaping and the shop, Melton and Conexus have fun and challenging positions for nearly everyone.
MELTON'S 12 TRADITIONS
Melton's company culture revolves around our 12 Traditions that represent our core beliefs and how we operate as a company.
1. We believe in honest, open communication. We encourage new thoughts, ideas, and questions. Criticism should be constructive and include suggestions for a better way.
2. We are enthusiastic and believe enthusiasm is contagious. Our peers, customers, and guests see that we enjoy what we do. We are recognized as a leader in quality transportation service.
3. We have an excellent reputation, which thas taken years to develop, but could be destroyed by one act. Everything we do and say must promote our reputation.
4. We never quit. We do not give up when things may not be going our way. We know we are destined for success as long as we work hard and hold true to our culture.
5. We expect high performance from each other. We stay until our work is finished. We celebrate those who distinguish themselves in perfecting their roles and search for ways to learn and improve.
6. We are ethical. We treat our customers, vendors, and each other with fairness. We honor our commitments and we tell the truth.
7. We invite and appreciate our cstuomer's business. Every time we have contact with a customer we make sure they have a positive experience. We know that exceptionally treated customers will use us again and again.
8. We show our appreciation for our drivers. We treat them as our guests whenever we come into contact with them. We keep in mind that their job is difficult and demanding. We treat them with the respect and dignity they deserve. We are all responsible to do what we can to make their job free of hassle and conflict.
9. We believe in the importance of a good attitude. We search for solutions that benefit everyone. In our dealings with each other and our customers, we seek to understand the other's concerns and needs.
10. We have a plan for our growth and success. We believe in the importance of setting goals and we work hard to achieve them.
11. We conserve our resources. We work hard for our money and we each have a responsibility to be prudent when spending it. We use the tools provided for us wisely.
12. We count on each other to be here. Illness, injury, and absenteeism hurt us all. We practice safe work habits and believe in a healthy lifestyle.
MELTON DRIVER TESTIMONIALS
“I’ve been here six years and I wouldn’t go anywhere else. Melton is better than any other company I’ve ever worked for and really in-tune to drivers’ needs. We got two pay raises in the last year, which is unheard of, and everyone cares about your success and your safety. Melton wants the best for their drivers; everyone cares about your success and your safety. It’s not just a job; you’re part of a family.”
-Eva Gray, Melton Driver & Blue Knight
I’ve been with Melton for 22 years. Melton’s owner, Bob, and all of the staff not only listens to drivers’ concerns, but also takes care of them. Here, you’re not just a number, you’re a face with a name. The company has tremendous respect for us and our families. Spouses are just as much a part of Melton as everyone else. They know that a happy driver is more successful.
-Alton Jackson, Melton Driver & Ambassador of the Road
“When researching flatbed companies, Melton looked like the best in the country. Now that I have been here for two years, I know they are the best!” “Melton cares about their drivers. I am never treated like a truck number, everyone knows my name and asks how my wife is doing. It’s a family here and I plan to retire with Melton.”
-Ernie Field, Melton Driver
MELTON NON-DRIVER TESTIMONIALS
"I learned about internship opportunities with Melton at the Oklahoma State career fair. I knew an internship would be a good experience for me, but I never imagined it would be as incredible and enriching as my internship with Melton has been. Since I didn’t have any real business experience, I was a little nervous at first, but through my internship at Melton, I have been able to learn so many new skills at a comfortable pace. I learned about every department and how my role truly makes a difference in the company.
This is the only job I have had where I felt genuinely appreciated and challenged to become more successful every day. It was an easy decision to pursue a career here because Melton has become my second family."
-Paige Hackman, Driver Relations & Safety Coordinator
"I’ve learned it is really important to have good management/leadership in order for you to grow in your career. My managers at Melton really care about my success and make sure that I have the tools and opportunities to get me where I want to go.
I've stayed at Melton because of the people. From the beginning, everyone included me and welcomed me to the team. Melton is like a family and you can truly feel it when you work here."
-Karlie Shook, Recruiting Coordinator
I have been working at Melton Truck Lines full-time (More than 3 years)
Great company to work for. People genuinely care about each other and their jobs. Open communication between management and employees. Great office and fair compensation and benefits. Melton truly is a family!
Transportation is a fast paced sometimes hectic industry, it can be stressful at times but Melton makes it worth it.
I applied online. I interviewed at Melton Truck Lines (Tulsa, OK) in December 2016.
It was a set list of questions and she went through my resume and asked for details about those jobs. The questions were strange! They weren't situational or about personality. They were asking about drugs and criminal records and credit history. And they were questions assuming you had done something wrong. I'm not sure about how long the process is, so far I've had a phone screening and one interview and waiting to hear back.