I have been working at Metia full-time (More than 3 years)
- Great work hard, play hard culture. What's even better is that the people here are humble and down-to-earth.
- Since Microsoft is the biggest client, a lot of really big, innovative projects come through
- Awesome work/life balance. Yes it can get a little crazy, but that's why they push for all the employees to vacation! Four weeks of PTO right off the bat (use it or lose it), sick days, paid holidays+floating holiday, and ability to work from home sometimes.
- Not a lot of food/coffee options nearby. There's only 1 cafe that's within walking distance.
- Garage parking is based on seniority, but lots of free parking outside.
- The agency is physically separated by client services (sales, program managers) and delivery (creative, dev, marketing/social media, etc). It's not that bad, but for a medium sized agency the separation is noticeable
- Training can be improved. It's not as formal as bigger companies, but everyone is very helpful when you do need help on something.
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you're doing! Continue to be personable, approachable, and a part of the people.
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Metia (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.
Very pleasant people, but I got the impression that they were not really sure what position they are hiring for. They couldn't describe basic responsibilities - everything seemed very vague