I worked at Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office full-time (More than 8 years)
1. The office has a policy of doing the right thing on every case and will trust you to do so.
2. You will go to trial. By the time I left the office my trial experience was in the triple digets.
3. Your coworkers are some of the best lawyers in the country and you will gain astonishing amounts of knowledge from them.
1. Incredibly long hours (but better here than at a firm making copies as a 1st year).
2. Pay is lower than firms, but with a proper budget you will be fine.
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office (Miami, FL) in January 2016.
Three rounds of interviews. First round is a hypothetical situation to test issue spotting. Second round is talking about your interest in the public sector and why you want to work in the office. Third round is getting to know your opinion on major social issues.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –