I worked at Milestone Srl full-time (More than a year)
Great and talented artists and programmers as colleagues!
Good salary for italian standards.
Lots of projects to work on!
- Too many projects to work on.
- The CEO is mad, he doesn't know what his studio is developing and has no idea of how videogames are done and sold, the quality of the production is terribly low and the deadlines are insane, a team which is just enough to make a single game is forced to work on 4 different titles at the same time.
- HR thinks that testers and game designers are the same. Marketing and management teams are the worst.
- If you are in the art team prepare to work like a slave and follow absurd marketing directives, but if you are a "designer" or want to become "one" give it a shot, no one will ask you about your competencies at HR :)
- Apply for a work here only if you need money and don't care about the games you develop.
Advice to Management
The CEO should stand aside and nominate a serious producer (currently there are no producers at all) and change all the manegement staff or this studio will close soon. Writing good reviews on this website won't save your credibility as managers!
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Milestone Srl (Milan (Italy)) in September 2016.
I was first contacted by e-mail, then they sent me an art test to do, after i sent it back completed they took 2 weeks to told me that i passed the selection and asked me to come to their studio, there i did an average interview for a 3D artist. Talked about my previous works and software skills and then talked about myself and my passion for videogames, art and various interests.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –