Mission: To provide quality health care to people receiving government assistance.
Molina Healthcare recently sponsored a panel event for national Make a Difference day with Claflin University's Minority Association of Pre-Med Students. David Irizarry, Community Engagement Specialist, shared some heartfelt career advice with the students: "Prepare yourself to lead a transformation that leaves a permanent impact for generations to come. Fall in love with whatever you do and approach it with passion from within and the rest will fall into place."
Molina Healthcare announced the kick-off of its second annual Molina HOPE coat drive in Michigan to help children and adults in need. During the nine-week drive, which began Monday, Molina and its partners will collect new coats at numerous drop-off sites across the state, with the goal of collecting 7,000 child and adult-sized coats prior to the conclusion of the drive on Monday, Nov. 27.
Molina Healthcare is a FORTUNE 500 company that is focused exclusively on government-sponsored health care programs for families and individuals who qualify for government sponsored health care.
Molina Healthcare contracts with state governments and serves as a health plan providing a wide range of quality health care services to families and individuals. Molina Healthcare offers health plans in California, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin and Puerto Rico. Molina also offers a Medicare product and has been selected in several states to participate in duals demonstration projects to manage the care for those eligible for both Medicaid and Medicare.
Molina Healthcare owns and operates primary care clinics in California, Florida, New Mexico, Utah, Washington and Virginia. Our medical offices provide individuals who qualify for government sponsored programs with medical care including prenatal care and immunizations.
Molina Healthcare’s subsidiary, Molina Medicaid Solutions (MMS), provides business processing and information technology administrative services to Medicaid agencies. MMS currently holds contracts with the states of Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, New Jersey, and West Virginia, as well as a contract to provide drug rebate administration services for the Florida Medicaid Pharmacy program.
The Molina Healthcare story is about one man’s belief that when it comes to health care everyone should be treated like family.
It was in 1980 when as an emergency room physician, C. David Molina, MD, noticed that low-income, uninsured or non-English speaking patients were coming to the emergency room in need of general health care services. Without family doctors, they were not always getting the right care and information. These underserved families deserved better and Dr. Molina set out to do something about it.
He opened a clinic in Long Beach, California to provide low-income individuals and families with a place to go to get personalized health care from Molina doctors. Two more clinics opened that same year and today our health plans and clinics serve patients across the country.
Never forgetting their roots, Molina children once put in charge of sweeping the floors, stocking shelves and filing medical records now lead the company’s operations and strategic direction.
Help us work toward our mission! We’re always looking for talented people who share our values. Apply online or with your mobile device now!
1. Competitive benefits and rewards: Molina offers an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, immediate accrual of personal Paid Time Off and Volunteer Time Off, paid holidays, referral bonuses, 401(k) matching at 4 percent, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending and more.
2. Make a difference: All Molina employees share one mission: to help those most in need. We always look for the most effective solutions to serve the low-income population, give back to the communities that support us and partner with local organizations whose work aligns with our mission.
3. Backed by family tradition: Molina Healthcare was founded over 30 years ago. Emergency room doctor C. David Molina opened a clinic for patients he often treated in the ER simply because they didn’t have primary care physicians. Dr. Molina’s children helped by sweeping floors, stocking shelves and filing records. Now they lead the company, carrying on their father’s values – including the tradition of treating all our members like family.
4. Train for success: We offer training for those interested in taking their careers to the next level, acquiring new skills, and reinforcing existing knowledge. Our training programs offer relevant, up-to-the-minute information that can be put to immediate use in the work place.
5. Career growth: We value our employees and love seeing them not just stay with the company, but grow with us. All employees have the capability of moving within our company. And to ensure everyone here enjoys a bright future, we offer tuition reimbursement for relevant education and an annual scholarship fund and opportunities for advancement.
6. Commitment to quality: Providing quality health care is our top priority, and delivering on this commitment is what has grown Molina into a FORTUNE 500 Company. We maintain quality by continuously monitoring all our processes, products and services, and offer NCQA-accredited care that promotes health, wellness and improved patient outcomes.
7. One Company, Three Lines of Business: Molina is the only company offering health plans, medical clinics and an MMIS solution. While our health plans provide Medicaid and Medicare benefits, Molina Medical clinics are a clean, safe place for individuals and families to receive primary care. And Molina Medicaid Solutions help state agencies meet their goals with business processing and IT administrative services.
8. Leadership: Our leaders are passionate about Molina’s future and lead by example, demonstrating the company’s core values at work. They take responsibility for ensuring the happiness and satisfaction of all employees, and always seek new ways to bring quality health care to low-income individuals and families.
9. Diversity: Across the 17 states where we do business, our company is made up of thousands of people from different cultures and backgrounds. We embrace and celebrate the rich variety of the Molina family of employees.
10. Unparalled work experience: Every person we hire is carefully selected and screened by our recruiters. Together we are a driven, well-trained, positive-minded workforce able to achieve leadership and provide quality health care to those who need it most.
I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time
Fast-paced team adept at changing quickly. People here work hard. There are opportunities to advance and further develop professionally, if you make it a priority for yourself. We are accountable, and our team has high expectations for performance because the programs we administer are demanding. This workplace isn't a good fit for those who don't want to work hard, quickly adapt to change, or have difficulty receiving feedback they receive.
This is a very transparent, employee-focused organization, and I'm proud to work here. Great benefits and other perks like onsite gym, and Cafe.
Finding a work/ life balance can be challenging. Employees are a little spoiled, but is that a bad thing? Some processes not efficient, but improving.
Advice to Management
Getting and keeping the right people on the bus will take you far!
I applied online. I interviewed at Molina Healthcare in February 2017.
Participated in an interview for a salaried position at a local office. I was interviewed by the immediate supervisor. Interview questions were relevant to position, nothing off-the-wall. She seemed interested in me as a candidate and four days later I was contacted by corporate with a job offer. I am accepting the position.