I worked at Morega Systems as an intern (Less than a year)
Work from home is allowed
Colleagues frequently work from home, it is hard to communicate this way.
Laziness is the culture. Cramped work space.
Poor work ethics, some co-workers even played computer games during work hours. Manager saw it and did not say anything.
Lack of proper equipment, slow computers. Email system is constantly spammed by phishing emails.
Team had no cohesion. Unclear tasks were given. Depressing environment. Bad relationship between dev team and QA team.
Advice to Management
Enforce better work ethics and hire proper employees. Give more responsibilities to your workers. This company felt like a sinking ship.
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morega Systems in March 2014.
Applied via external requiter for the position
First there was a written test that included 8 questions:
1. Difference between TCP and UDP, and what application using each.
2. DNS, what used for?
3. Differences between client socket and server socket.
4. Differences between PUT and GET in HTTP protocol. write some additional commands in HTTP protocol.
5. browser sends 'www.google.ca' to a server. Describe on the socket level what each side do.
6. Design parking netter system entities using UML and the relationships between entities.
7. the following 2 questions using Perl or Python. If not, use different language.
A. Open a file that has these lines:
and print the sum of each key as follows:
B. open a file that contain these lines:
and print the results as follows:
pay attention that there is no semicolon for the last line
I've made the 8 questions test; answered 6 questions good and another 2 Pyton/Perl questions, partially.
Two weeks later got a technical Interview with 2 software engineers.
to define a data structure and implement a binary Parse Tree function to resolve mathematical expression in C or C++:
Another question is for Linux OS: Linux mount filesystem at boot:
the rest was about my expectation etc.,
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –