Mission: We believe there are players who wants to escape to a world without limits - who are driven by relentless discovery. We make games for them.
Mission: We are a team of designers, developers, artists, engineers, and storytellers, driven to enrich ...
I have been working at Motive Studios full-time (More than 3 years)
* Studio located in the heart of downtown Montreal
* Composed of the best talent in the area, in all disciplines
* Maintains polies of vigorous honesty and healthy work-life balance
* Dedicated to developing a vibrant studio culture and vibe
* Inclusive hiring policy and diverse makeup
* Encourages the exploration and development of new or radical concepts and game pitches that are rarely tolerated at other major studios
* Highly motivated teams and management
* Executive management make clear efforts to constantly improve the quality of life in the studio
* Massive financial backing from EA, with much less interference from executives than other major studios
* Free breakfast and fruit daily
* Party every Friday afternoon with free beverages and snacks
* Frequent special events with food and beverages
* Beautiful decor with a games room, hammock room, and outdoor terrace with BBQ
* Better benefits and compensation than other large studios
* The rapid establishment and expansion of Motive and early success has led to some aggressive and underhanded talent poaching from some of the other established studios in the area, resulting in a brief effect on morale, but the teams have pulled together and gotten through it, and are more determined than ever.
Advice to Management
Studio management should stand firm against the larger studios' dirty tactics, and rest assured that their dedicated and loyal employees stand behind them and the Motive name.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –