I have been working at Murphy Research full-time (Less than a year)
- I was a little wary by some of the negative reviews on Glassdoor, something I asked specifically about in my interviews with upper management. Everyone - including the president - was very open and candid about it and it became clear that there wasn't anything for me to be worried about. So take the all the negative reviews from early 2017 with a grain of salt. IMHO
- Really great clients, your work is impactful and you get exposure to all sorts of industries and companies.
- The training process was fantastic, you meet with almost everyone in the company and learn about what they do and how to work with them.
- Opportunities to learn and grow, lots of smart people to work with with and learn from. It seems like upper management genuinely cares about empowering and educating their employees.
- People are nice, everyone is friendly and helpful. People went out of their way to meet me and say hi and offer help during my first weeks.
- VERY process driven, which is great, very efficient.
- The location is great, tons of top notch places to eat within walking distance. It's also right by the train.
- Free parking
- Free snacks and drinks (fruit, La Croix, soda, kind bars, etc.)
- Free weekly company lunch
I have not worked here very long, but so far there aren't any major issues or cons to point out. They are a small company so if you need IT support there are a few extra steps to take to solve your issue (they have an outside support company). If you need your hand held every little step of the way, then maybe work at a bigger company instead.
Advice to Management
Keep it up.
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Murphy Research.
I applied for the position in September after attending a career fair at USC. After meeting at the booth, I applied for the position online and connected with the recruiter and my contact from the fair on LinkedIn. I didn't hear back until November, but was invited for an in-person interview after my phone screening.
The in-person interview I had was very similar to previous reviews. Three back to back interviews with employees of various seniority. Everything went great and the recruiter and employees were very kind! The recruiter informed me I would hear right after Thanksgiving, and sure enough the Monday afterward I received an email saying they filled the position.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –