I worked at NERA Economic Consulting full-time (More than 8 years)
- Friendly, collegial environment
- Seniors are intelligent, talented; some are also very supportive and are good managers.
- Work is varied and interesting.
- Training for different programs and analyses are available.
- Work-life balance is tough. Burn out.
- Moving up in the firm without a secondary degree is very tough.
- Those who work hard and do well at their job are rewarded with extra work.
- Some seniors are terrible managers.
- Bonuses/salaries vary widely by team and are not transparent.
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting (Washington, DC) in October 2017.
Brief application asking to submit cover letter/resume, followed by an interview that is mostly behavioral. They then go in depth in asking you to explain past research you have done.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –