I have been working at NGP VAN full-time
- Intelligent, progressive, funny, competent coworkers, and flexible, understanding management
- The company basically only works with clients who share its values, so everyone's hard work doesn't go to benefit anti-gay, anti-woman, anti-environment groups
- New, really cool DC office, with lots of common space and room for collaboration
- The office is next to the White House so you have to see Donald Trump's motorcade occasionally
Advice to Management
- Keep up the good work & keep investing in your employees
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NGP VAN.
I applied online and was contacted for a phone screen a couple of weeks later. It went well, the person I spoke to was genuinely interested in my qualifications and the whole thing flowed like a conversation. I was invited to the office for an in-person interview about a week later.
The in-person interview had a similar vibe. I was interviewed mainly by one person who would be my supervisor. However, at the beginning two other people from the team sat in very briefly (like, around 5 minutes) to ask one question apiece and then left. This didn't feel fair to me, as those folks were in the room with me for less than 5 minutes and yet I'm assuming their feedback still counted in the hiring process. If that was supposed to supposed to be some sort of "panel" interview or a gauge of how well I would fit with the rest of the sales team, it was very poorly done. Otherwise, the main interviewer was very friendly and asked questions based mainly on my previous experience.
I was told the next step would be another interview with a higher-up, but I was never contacted for one, so I just moved on. But about a week and a half later, I was abruptly contacted by a company recruiter to provide references. I did provide them, but the company stopped right in the middle of contacting them (as my references informed me) and told me I was no longer being considered for the role. (My references were equally puzzled, as the ones who had been contacted had provided glowing feedback on my behalf.) Strange and unprofessional end to this whole process.
READ: Here's 8 Reasons Why You Should Come Work With Us at NGP VAN
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –