- great place for entry level professional interested in municipal government
- wealth of issues to be involved with at the city level
- great place to learn more about membership associations
- opportunities for travel to organization's annual conferences
- colleagues and management are very supportive of individuals, it was an organization where I liked the work that was done and I was proud to be a part of it
- limited opportunities for professional advancement
- not a "fast paced" organization (which can be a pro or a con)
- low paying salaries for the DC area
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National League of Cities (Washington, DC) in December 2015.
Applied online and had a phone interview about a week later. Then was called in about a week after that for an interview in-person. Was less "tell me about yourself" and more "what are your feelings on this policy..." I left feeling very good about it, sent a follow-up e-mail, but never heard from them after that. Apart from an automated rejection e-mail 2 months later. Thanks.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –