I have been working at Naval Postgraduate School full-time (More than a year)
- Excellent work/ family balance
- Interaction with mid grade officers at a point when they need guidance
- Where else can you go for a run on the beach at lunch time
- Hiring Freeze creating a shortage in Civilian Personnel
- Opportunity to travel overseas to locations you have never seen on a modern map
Advice to Management
- Allow Military Faculty to lead programs historically lead by PhDs
- Integrate current best practices into theoretical teaching
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Naval Postgraduate School (Monterey, CA) in May 2014.
The process was very easy. I just filled out some paperwork online and did some email tag with my current boss. I had to submit my resume and once he saw my GPA, major, and college I was set for the summer. He asked what I was interested in and fortunately that fit with what he was going to have me being doing this summer. Overall it was very easy for an internship position.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –