Mission: The first, best place to look to understand your digital business.
Highest Rated CEOs: 2016 (#21)
New Relic is a software analytics company that, on behalf of our customers, makes sense of billions of metrics about millions of applications, all in real time. Our comprehensive SaaS-based solution for web and mobile applications consolidates the performance monitoring data into a single, powerful interface. Our customers use New Relic every day to optimize millions of applications.
New Relic is a San Francisco Best Places to Work award winner, an Oregon “Top Workplace” award winner, named a leader in the Gartner’s 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 “Magic Quadrant” for APM companies, a Top 100 OnDemand Company, Best of SaaS (THINKStrategies), Top 100 Coolest Cloud Computing (CRN); 10 Cloud Management Companies to Watch (NetworkWorld) – the list of accolades goes on. More important than all of that: we provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move.
We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc) -- all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, individuals with disabilities, age, sexual orientation, protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note: Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
"My favorite thing about New Relic is the awesome team that I work with! There's so much great energy here. "
Taylor West, Sales Engineer
"Everyone here actively works to maintain a functional culture, focusing on building teams, respecting each other and making it enjoyable to come back to work day after day."
Sean Kane, Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
"There's so much to learn and even more to build. I love how I can come in everyday and make a meaningful difference for soemone."
Jeff Lee, Sr. Strategic Finance Analyst
"New Relic gives me the opportunity to grow and work on meaningful assignments with people I respect."
Megan Mayer-Rothbarth Program Coordinator
Yvonne Wassenaar— Cheif Information Officer
I have been working at New Relic full-time (More than a year)
I've been here nearly 2 years, and have found:
- Smart people
- Great customers
- Challenging problems to solve, many related to scaling quickly
- A humanist culture focused on solving real problems for our customers
- Lots of opportunity to grow as the company grows
The place is definitely going through a transformation and people are working hard to retire "debt" that has been deferred after growing so fast for 9 years so we can keep scaling with less hiccups. As a result, there are some rough spots, but people are pulling together to work through them. Typical growing pains in my view.
There have been some recent changes in Sales and Marketing leadership that are starting to improve the culture - my manager is very invested in my growth and I can see a systematic effort to improve lead flow, systems, and comp plans.
- Dealing with growing pains
- Equity awards could be a bit more generous, but not unusual for a company this size
- Our broad platform means it's taken we some time to ramp up on all the tech
- Finance and Legal seem to have more involvement in deal approvals than I am used to
Advice to Management
- Support experimentation
- Keep building up Product Marketing - it's getting a lot better, but is critical it be strong to help us with messaging to customers
I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New Relic.
- HR screening interview on the phone
- Hiring manager interview on the phone
- Technical exercise
- Interview on-site - team interview + 4 individual interview (1 engineer + 1 Product Manager + 1 Director + 1 pair coding with an enginner)
- HR will check your personal + work references