I have been working at No Starch Press full-time
- opportunity for fast growth if you can demonstrate the value you bring
- a good place to learn about technology and the publishing industry
- full benefits including retirement plan options
- awesome coworkers of the bookish sort
- company outlook is good
- it's a small company, which means that you'll sometimes have to manage your own growth and be your own advocate if you have concerns
Advice to Management
- continue to communicate openly
I applied online. I interviewed at No Starch Press (San Francisco, CA).
Was emailed to schedule a phone screening where I had to answer basic questions about how I knew about the company and why I was interested in them; came in for an interview and answered longer but still standard questions about my skills, work history, how I'd handle customers, what kind of environment I like to work in, etc. Second interview included meeting with everyone who worked in the office at once, basic computer skills tests, as well as some random testing and questions from the founder. Overall the process took several hours. They also called my references.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –