I have been working at Northwest Farm Credit Services full-time (More than a year)
I've worked for several companies and this, by a wide margin, is the best for four reasons:
1. Purposeful: the company has a clear plan and follows it
2. High-Performing Industry Leader: the company is profitable/successful, and is one of the national leaders in the industry in a variety of ways
3. Conscious: the company cares about it's people and this comes through in policies, benefits, wellness, training programs, etc.
4. Aligned: the purpose, promise, and values of the company, employees and customers are largely in alignment which makes work meaningful and effective - there is a flow to it.
The outcome of these four points make work fun and have positively impacted most other areas of my life as I now look forward to work each day. Bottom line for me: I'm a healthier person because of working here.
There are of course one-off exceptions to the above as no company is perfect. There are two cons for me:
1. I find that most of the folks who function in negative ways at Northwest FCS have limited experience in other companies and don't know how good they have it at Northwest FCS. These folks can be a drag, but there are seemingly less and less of them.
2. Because it's a high performing organization, it can be intimidating at first for a new comer to get up to speed. However, there is quality training and a lot of organizational investment into employees....and if you are a high performer this can actually be an attractive feature/challenge as its fun to be part of a winning team.
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you're doing, and thanks for doing it!
I applied through other source. I interviewed at Northwest Farm Credit Services.
The interview was a positive experience. The people giving the interview were very friendly and welcoming. They made it clear that they just wanted to get to know me a little better.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –