I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at OCCIPITAL (San Francisco, CA).
- Very friendly and knowledgeable team.
- They were good about setting expectations.
- They had a "real" interview -- checked references, gave a homework assignment, made sure there was a fit with the team, etc.
- The process took longer than expected.
I left with a great impression of the team and the role.
1. A member of their team had reached out and provided some high-level information about the company.
2. The first interaction was fun and quick -- the role was described, and they wanted to see if I was interested.
3. I visited the office and met the team.
4. I visited again -- had lunch with the team, and they provided me with a Business Development challenge --a take-home assignment asking me to evaluate competing business development deals, create a revenue model, edit portions of a generic contract, and etc.
5. Had a review meeting where I was asked to explain some of my thinking.
6. Met the team again when some of the Colorado team was visiting in SF.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –