I have been working at OSI Systems full-time (More than 10 years)
- Very horizontal organizational Structure
- Flexibility to grow into multiple roles
- Very stable in regards to retention on employees
- Certain roles int he company like mine give great exposure to the industry all across the globe.
- Very low turnover rate so you have to wait for while to get promotions, plus the horizontal structure doesn't help as well in this regard
- Salary is typically on the lower end as far as industry standards go
- Equipment is dated in certain areas
Advice to Management
Invest in core competencies to help secure and expand the business.
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OSI Systems.
You fill out an application on line. About a week later someone from HR will contact you. I had a phone screen with this person and then a more comprehensive interview with a manager that same day later on. About a week after that I had an in person interview with a technician that was working in the area. The interview was not very professional. I was given a sheet of questions that he was supposed to read, and I was made to read them myself while he recorded me reading the questions and my response to the questions. One week later I was told I didn't get the job even though I was told that I was a perfect fit by both manager and interviewer. They are very big on trying to get you to not accept much money for the position you are applying for. You will have to possess a high level of electronic experience and be able to troubleshoot equipment under pressure in an fast paced environment. Don't expect to get paid well for what you know!