I worked at Opera Solutions full-time (More than a year)
- You can take on a lot of responsibility very early
- Opportunities to develop both technical and client-facing skill sets
- Relaxed culture. Business casual, work from home/remote on almost all projects
- Good selection of drinks/snacks, coffee machines, pool/ping-pong in office
- In-office gym (it's small but never crowded) and showers
- Regular happy hours
- Transparent and accessible leadership
- Missing documentation on many processes, both internal and external. Things done on the fly - not as big of a con if you pay good attention from the start
- No 401k match
- Haven't paid bonuses in several years
Advice to Management
CEO has vision and company has real growth potential. Keep hiring quality people, continue encouraging an office that is close-knit, active, and welcoming. Train more comprehensively on your proprietary products. For those that can come in, embrace the vision, and advance the business - recognize this and compensate well. The business will live or die by these people.
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (Los Angeles, CA).
2 week process, three 30 min rounds per day. Start off with behavioral with a younger associate, then move on to manager or partner, then move on to the case portion which kind of catches you off guard because they will have you go over your resume again for the third time and then out of nowhere throw a case at you.