I worked at Opera Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)
I saw the change of the company in last 5 years, it has been truly phenomenal. I had been to multiple Opera offices, made lot of friends. I was pulled by top 3 software firms, which was an irresistible offer. But here are few thoughts if you intend to join this company:
- Great peers. If I have to choose one thing to talk about - it will be people. Opera has amazing breed of Go-getters. It is fantastic place to pick up new skills
- Lot of opportunities - there are numerous things happening around, be it Opera Open (I don't any other company which runs a B-Plan competition), TACOs (Analytics paper competition) or be it moving from Services to Analytics.... Don't know if lot of firms will allow that.
- Single minded focus - with maturity of Signal Hub platform, there is lot of focus. Every deal is on Signal hub only - which helps cut down any noise.
- Bonus - if I have to mark one thing, it is going to be compensation and bonus. It's been inconsistent.
- Sales need lot of investment. Current sales team is too stretched to provide support on account expansion deals.
Advice to Management
Tag star performers and retain them.
Got to the final round through on campus recruiting. Be prepared to answer any questions related to your resume and don't forget to ask your interviewer questions. I also encountered some behavioral questions like leadership and group work. The interviewers are quite nice. I though I did quite well, however, still did not get the offer.