Mission: Our mission is to champion the world's returned and excess goods, create unmatched value and power the future of sustainable commerce. Through our cloud-based, multi-channel selling technology, online remarketing expertise and full suite of business intelligence ...
Customers’ preferences are changing; as eCommerce grows, consumers return more products and in-store inventory stockpiles. Brands need to tap into a hidden asset to stay ahead—returned and excess inventory.
As traditionally managed, these overstocked or returned goods are often lost, abused, or discarded.
We want to connect those goods to their next best home, in a way that makes most sense for the buyer, the seller, and the planet.
We’re envisioning a different future, one in which products have longer lifecycles, brands leverage new sources of revenue, and consumers get steals on stuff they want. And we’re helping make that a reality.
Our company was founded by two scrappy entrepreneurs with an ambitious idea. Since then, we have evolved from a small storefront to a three-office, two-warehouse company.
To this day, we are driven by a passionate leadership team committed to that vision—revolutionizing the returns industry while building sustainable commerce.
We’re revolutionizing an industry, and we need extraordinary people on board to build something great. Our business thrives when we work together. Together, we solve large challenges in the retail world and cut brands’ carbon footprints.
And together, we have created a tight-knit community, from volunteer outings to craft lunches to ping pong tournaments. At Optoro, we believe that your coworker can be both your brainstorming sounding board and your karaoke duet partner.
Take time when you need it
We offer flexible paid time off, no matter what. We all work hard to get things done, and we recognize the importance of time out, whether that means climbing the Alps or taking a restful nap at home. Feeling under the weather? Have a little one on the way? We make sure you have paid sick and parental leave, too.
Maintain your wellness
We’re committed to keeping you healthy, in all ways. We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance to keep you covered. Our bike storage room and monthly commuter stipend make it easy to get to work with no hassle. Don’t forget the building gym, regular yoga sessions, and in-office meditation room, helping you maintain your wellness, both physical and mental.
Share your impact together
Giving back is in our DNA, and we believe all our employees should get involved. From serving at soup kitchens to gardening local food, we pair with local organizations in the community to help others while spending time as a team.
Grow alongside the company
We know our business is nothing without our employees, and we want to invest in you as much as you invest in us. We offer robust stock option plans to demonstrate this commitment. And we allocate professional development budgets and host skills-based seminars—from Excel training to managing up—so you can always keep learning on the job.
I have been working at Optoro full-time
- Office culture is great. Work/life balance is (genuinely) prioritized; work from home policy is generous, you don't feel guilty for taking time out to take care of, say, a dentist's appointment or a kid's school event.
- Work is interesting and fast-paced. Optoro sells itself as a "green" for-profit company - working on both a business and environmental solution. I would normally be skeptical about this, but I really do think the business's value prop is exciting and real: the reverse supply chain is no joke!
- Big encouragement for professional development/learning, as well as diversity and inclusion efforts.
- You can see your work contributing to the growing business - and that's exciting!
- Everyone's relaxed, friendly, and helpful. I've worked in some environments that were a lot more stressed/toxic, and it can feel a bit dog eat dog: people are stressed and unhappy in those places. That's not the case here. I genuinely enjoy going into the office, and people seem to feel the same way?
- It's a high growth phase, which means some teams are working longer hours (though they get thanked and recognized for it - again, I've worked in places where working evenings or weekends was expected, not praised as exceptional).
- The high growth can sometimes mean that we suddenly change focus; so sometimes things feel chaotic.
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Optoro in April 2018.
I applied online and heard back from the HR contact one week later. I had a phone interview with HR and then a phone interview with the direct supervisor about four days later. Afterwards, the HR contact told me the supervisor would like to schedule a second in-person interview and would reach out regarding availability. I never heard from HR again. I sent emails and called the office numerous times hoping to speak with anyone regarding the scheduling my in-person interview. I never heard back from anyone again. I was really looking forward to an opportunity to work at Optoro but this experience really turned me off. A brief email response or voicemail would have been considerate.
Tech Hiring Commitment
Helping to train, hire and promote more technology workers
Social Responsibility Pledge
Formal programs or foundation to give back to communities