Mission: We are dedicated to bringing the best virtual collaboration experience to each and every business professional around the world through our product innovation, our global network and our extraordinary customer care.
I worked at PGi full-time (More than 3 years)
- Pay is very good.
- Flat org structure.
- Attracts top talent despite relative obscurity in its space.
- Casual yet professional culture.
- Pragmatic leadership
- Diverse workforce
- Way too many active products and initiatives operating in parallel.
- Some perceived lack of vision at top levels.
- Large company that is sometimes slow on the uptake of its industry's latest trends.
- Managers/teams spend too much time switching initiatives whilst trying to deliver on all the former commitments.
Advice to Management
New innovation is extremely important for longevity, so keep at it. In the meantime, be willing to sunset older former cash-cow products so your newer products get necessary internal attention and have a chance to be successful. Your best employees will appreciate the focus and commitment even if it brings some risk along with it.
Be brave, its OK to tell your new owners "no" from time to time. You are the industry experts, which is why they bought you.
Finally, be transparent with your employees and give them frequent, honest information and feedback. While good news is welcome and fun to share, the bad news also helps people gain focus and clarity, which will likely benefit the company along the way. Find a balance.
I applied online. I interviewed at PGi in April 2017.
Need to connect via goto meeting and turn on web camera on to start with the interview. Interviewer will start asking questions and do some recording of the video and voice.