I worked at POWER STANDARDS LAB part-time (More than 5 years)
- opportunities to work on mission-critical projects for major stakeholders
- access to industry luminaries and amazingly brilliant co-workers
- interface with every major tech and energy company in the world (literally)
- flexible hours as long as you get the job done
- limited opportunities for career progression
- less appreciative of female employees
Advice to Management
- offer more incentives like education reimbursement for employees to continue learning after college
- keep employees in the loop (less compartmentalization)
- offer raises as job difficulty and responsibilities increase
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at POWER STANDARDS LAB (Alameda, CA) in June 2014.
I applied the job on the company's website.
About 10 days later I got an email from HR manager, she set up a phone interview for me with the engineering manager.
After the phone interview, HR manager set up the on site interview.
The on-site interview took about 2-3 hours.
First, I met the HR manager.
Then a senior software engineer interviewed me.
After that another software engineer interviewed me.
Then the manager interviewed me and showed me around.
Then the Chief Operating Officer interviewed me.
Finally the president interviewed me.
About a week after the on-site interview I got the offer. I did not accept it because I got multiple offers.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –