I have been working at PSYONIX full-time (Less than a year)
- Plenty of food and drinks available all day
- Studio does not crunch
- Working on a very popular title
- Beer and dinner provided to whole studio including family and friends every Friday
- Psyonix pays for 80% of health care, vision and dental insurance now
- Beautiful downtown studio, with two balconies and plenty of space
- CEO is approachable and has an open door policy
- Communication can be problematic or non existent
- Learning about what the company culture is, is all on a new employee
Advice to Management
Communication needs to be the foremost item on the management agenda.
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PSYONIX (San Diego, CA) in December 2011.
People were nice and trying to make me comfortable. Whole team were there to have lunch with me and that was pretty impressive. After lunch, I had an interview with boss, and he was very nice to explain about the company an his vision. It was nice.
I didn't make any negotiation.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –