I worked at Pacific Biosciences full-time (More than a year)
- Good product: a state-of-the-art DNA sequencer with innovative technology invented by the founders and tec
- Good people: smart, capable, helpful, and nice people, with an unhyped culture of contribution, support, and friendliness
- Good company: excellent purpose; generally well-directed, well-organized, well-managed company
I worked under two excellent managers at PacBio, definitely among the very best managers I've ever had. I also had excellent support from and interaction with members of my own and other teams.
- Challenges in the market, despite product quality and continuing innovation and technological advancement
- Changes in organization, management, and staff with loss of valuable contributors and disruption of culture
Advice to Management
- Continue to prioritize innovation and technological advancement
- Take organizational steps to recognize & retain valuable contributors and to support culture
I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Biosciences (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2017.
In depth, 3 phone interviews, and in person interview. Overall 1.5 month process. Very in depth which seemed they screened well for potential canidates. I was one of 2 or 3 invited for an in person interview.
In person interview was ALL DAY 9am-2:30 with little to no breaks. Interviewed with 9 or 10 people. Basically all asking the same things. Everyone seemed really nice, some more qualified to interview than others I feel were put in as time fillers.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –