Mission: We help people and businesses recover from property damage by providing the finest reconstruction and restoration services. We deliver total satisfaction with safe, swift and courteous service. We use the utmost care and the most advanced methods to reconstruct and restore ...
I worked at Paul Davis Restoration full-time (More than a year)
- Took my suggestions to better the company seriously
- Great work/life balance: you are in charge of your schedule as long as you can get the estimates in on time
- If you're a trade looking for steady work, PDR can offer it consistently
- Once you get the hang of the job, it's pretty simple
- Great company culture once you break the ice
- company car/driving compensation 50 cents/mile
- Company credit cards for Home Depots/Lowe's/Gas
- This is a SALES job, so what you make of it is what you get! Very rewarding if you put the time and effort in (that being said, it's not commission only but a draw schedule so there is a lot of incentive to meet sales goals, but not 100% required)
In the first half of my employment, the company was feeling a lot of growing pains and was working through an adjustment period. It started out with all new, inexperienced estimators & project managers which inherently made processes more challenging. However, most of those employees are now fully trained and in the swing of things.
- Takes a long time to see a job turned around on the Project manager side, which can delay estimator commission
- Insurance programs all have different guidelines, and some are more demanding than others. Know what's what and it shouldn't be a problem
- Sharp learning curve if you don't already know construction or are slow to learn computer programs
- Onboarding could be better, but that should be tightened up soon
- There is always a lot going on, so you usually need to fact-check, remind, and bother people to get stuff done if it's out of your hands. Seeing someone put an item on their to-do list for you does not guarantee anything
Advice to Management
There is a lot of change that still needs to happen and lots that is planned to happen soon, but PDR will be light years better as a result! Worth it!
I applied online. I interviewed at Paul Davis Restoration.
Applied online. Was contacted via email to schedule an interview. Interviewed with Owner and Vice President. Was a laid back, conversational interview. Interviewed for about an hour. Overall was a positive experience and did not feel pressured.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –